Position: Director/Senior Director, Finance
Company: KBP BioSciences USA
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
KBP Biosciences USA is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in Princeton, NJ, leading the discovery and development of innovative medicines for cardiorenal disease, infectious disease, and inflammatory disease .
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Director/Director of finance to join our team to advance our compounds through development.
The director/senior director of finance will be responsible for the KBP planning and budgeting processes, including quarterly forecast, annual budget, and long range strategic planning, establish key business planning processes and implement a forecasting system that will allow for improved reporting. The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with pharmaceutical experience, demonstrate the ability to support a global company. This role will provide analytical and strategic support to all business functions and work closely with senior management to support high quality decision making and execution by these functions to assist in achieving their goals while adhering to budget guidelines. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to contribute and to grow as part of the Finance team.
Candidates for this role will demonstrate knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and of the business segments they will support. Candidates should have strong financial management experience and managerial skills. Key personal competencies for success include the ability to master both strategic and operational issues, a strong technological aptitude, the ability to dynamically handle multiple competing priorities, outstanding teaming and collaboration skills, excellent communication skills, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive budgets/forecasts, improve processes
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with senior management
- Oversee the successful implementation process including planning and setup of financial systems reporting capabilities, training and related processes
- Analyze financial statements, cash flows, and operating expenditures monthly
- Review and analyze planning data and develop reports and presentations for senior management
- Ad hoc analysis to support strategy discussions and decisions
- Proactively identify, design, and implement enhancements to existing processes
- Prepare Budget vs. Actuals reports. Investigate and explain any material discrepancies to finance management and functional leaders
- Provide management with forecast insights based on actual performance and budget owner feedback
- Work with Finance team to improve monthly closing processes
- Support global budget process and forecast
- Perform other tasks as required
Education and Skills Requirements:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in financial planning role in a pharmaceutical or
biotechnology organization preferred with an advacned degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong planning and analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous roles
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project
- Team player with a high level of interpersonal skills and collaborative working style to effectively work cross functionally within the company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
If interested in, please send CV and desired salary to: ContactUs@kbpbiosciences.com